Tea Type: Green Tea
Tea Region: Lincang, Yunnan Province, China
- Appearance: Transluscent, pale yellowish-green liquor.
- Aroma: Floral (jasmine), honey, baked bread, nutty (chestnut) aroma.
- Flavour: Sweet, honey, floral (jasmine), fruity (peach, apricot) notes with a hint of chestnuts.
- Mouthfeel: Well-rounded and smooth, velvety liquor with a refreshing mouthfeel. Delicate astringency in the finish.
- Measure 3g of tea per 200ml water. Boil water to 80℃. Steep for 1 1/2- 2 minutes.
Reference: Op. 209
Tips for Tea Connoisseurs
Pine Needles Green Tea (aka. Song Zhen) has been named due to its long and thin shape and silver-green colour of the tea leaves, which resemble pine needles. Our Pine Needles Green Tea is made from tender tea leaves and buds in early spring, which have grown in Lincang Prefecture in Yunnan Province. Yunnan Province is the southwest frontier of China that borders with Vietnam, Laos, Burma and Tibet and it is known as the birthplace of tea. In particular, misty mountains and winding rivers in the region provide an ideal habitat for tea trees.
Masterly crafted into a beautiful needle shape, our Pine Needles Green Tea offers a wonderfully sweet and juicy liquor with honeyed floral (jasmine), fruity (peach, apricot) and nutty (chestnut) flavours. A pronounced umami flavour in the liquor is appetising while the lingering refreshing finish is stimulating. Rich in antioxidants such as Catechin and Vitamin C, our Pine Needles Green Tea makes a great choice of daily refreshing green tea!