Tea Type: Green Tea
Tea Region: Simao, Yunnan Province, China
- Measure 4g of tea per 250ml water. Boil water to 80℃. Steep for 3 minutes.
- Appearance: Very pale, green coloured infusion.
- Aroma: Floral, fruity and nutty (chestnut) notes combined with a hint of spices
- Flavour: floral (jasmine), honey, fruity (peach), sweet-nutty (grilled chestnut, baked sweet potato)
- Mouthfeel: Smooth, gentle, light-bodied liquor with a hint of mild astringency. Lingering sweetness in the finish.
Reference: Op. 202
Tips for Tea Connoisseurs
The name Bi Luo Chun literally means "Green Snail Spring" in Mandarin Chinese. According to a Qing Dynasty chronicle, it is the Emperor Kangxi who gave this name to this refreshing spring green tea, inspired by the tightly rolled spiral shape of the tea leaves which resembled a snail.
As tea connoisseurs may have well noticed from the brewed tea leaves, our Bi Luo Chun Yunnan Green Tea is only made from carefully hand-picked, tender spring buds. No wonder why the flavours and aromas are so gentle, delicately sweet and refreshing! In comparison to the Bi Luo Chun from Dong Ding, Jiangsu Province, the origin of Bi Luo Chun green tea, the flavours of our Bi Luo Chun from Yunnan Province offers a slightly more pronounced nutty flavours in addition to its light-bodied, fruity and floral character.
A truly delicate and gentle beauty that you can sip all around the day.
If you like this product you may also like Bi Luo Chun Sanxia, Baozhong, Yunnan Golden Buds and Jasmine Silver Needle.