Tea Type: Oolong Tea
Tea Region: Alishan, Chiayi County, Taiwan
- Appearance: Clear, mahogany, red-brown, coloured liquor.
- Aroma: Cacao, vanilla, burnt sugar, toasty, woody aromas.
- Flavour: Cacao, coffee beans, toast, toffee, vanilla notes in the roasted, woody background.
- Mouthfeel: Very smooth, supple liquor with sustained sweetness on the palate. Pleasant acidity and a delicate presence of astringency adds more liveliness and body to the liquor.
- Measure 1g of tea per 100ml water. Boil water to 95℃. Steep for 4-5 minutes.
Reference: Op. 101
Tips for Tea Connoisseurs
Antique Oolong, also known as "Lao Cha" in Taiwan, literally meaning "Aged Tea" in Mandarin Chinese, is only made from top quality oolong tea, as ageing requires painstaking roasting of the finished oolong tea leaves on a regular basis to get rid of unnecessary moisture, due to the humid climate condition in Taiwan.
Our 20 Years Aged Antique Oolong Tea is even more special in this regard, as it is made from high mountain oolong tea from Ali Mountain, Taiwan, one of the most celebrated region for high mountain Taiwanese oolong teas. At the elevation of 1500m above sea level, Ali Mountain offers a mineral rich soil and a cool, misty climate, which is ideal for the production of best quality oolong teas, as the cooler temperature and limited exposure to the sun slow down the growth of tea plants and yield sweeter and tender tea leaves and buds.
When brewed, our 20 Years Aged Antique Oolong Tea offers a smooth, luscious and palatable liquor that releases intense aromas and flavours of cacao, toffee, coffee beans on a warm, toasted, woody background. The natural sweetness in the finish lingers long in the palate.
An absolutely luscious dark oolong tea that will be much appreciated by dark roasted oolong tea enthusiasts.
As with all the teas, oolong tea also offers us health benefits to increase our sense of well-being. Several studies indicate that oolong tea is a rich source of antioxidant polyphenols and it may well be just as beneficial as green tea to promote weight loss and cardiovascular health by reducing high blood pressure and cholesterol.
If you like this product you may also like Heavy Roasted Dong Ding, 10 Years Aged Cooked Puerh and Tteokcha.