Tea Type: White Tea
Tea Region: Fuding, Fujian Province, China
Harvest: 2019 May
- Appearance: Translucent, orange-golden liquor.
- Aroma: Floral (rose), honey and herbaceous (thyme, dried hay) notes.
- Flavour: Fruity (honeydew melon), floral (rose) flavours on a lightly woody, leathery background. A hint of thyme in the finish. A great balance between delicate sweetness and acidity.
- Mouthfeel: Very smooth, supple, light-bodied liquor. Absence of astringency.
- Measure 3g of tea per 200ml water. Boil water to 90℃. Steep for 3-5 minutes.
Tips for Tea Connoisseurs
Shou Mei (aka. Longevity Eyebrow) is a deliciously refreshing Chinese white tea with a pronounced fruity and floral flavours. White tea is the least processed tea among the six different kinds of tea, as no firing, steaming or rolling is involved in the production. Instead, the freshly harvested leaves are withered in the sun to allow the natural, mild oxidation to take place. The result is a very smooth, light-bodied, gentle liquor with distinctive fruity, floral and light woody flavours.
In comparison to our other Chinese white tea, White Peony, the flavour and aroma of Shou Mei is much more pronounced and long-lasting, as Shou Mei is made from more mature tea leaves which are harvested later than White Peony.
In China, Fuding and Zhenghe are the two renowned regions for white tea production and our Shou Mei is made from Fuding Dai Bai cultivar tea leaves which are hand-picked and processed in Fuding, Fujian Province. From the bright orange golden coloured infusion, you will notice sweet and refreshing flavours of honeydew melon and rose on a lightly woody, leathery background. A hint of thyme in the finish leaves a refreshing mouthfeel, while adding more savouriness to the liquor.
Recently, white tea has become increasingly popular, due to some studies linking its antioxidant properties to potential health benefits such as anti-ageing and promoting skin health.
If you like this product you may well enjoy White Peony or Tteokcha Wisdom.