Tea Type: Black Tea
Tea Region: Fuding, Fujian Province, China
- Appearance: Clear, orange-brown coloured infusion with a golden hue.
- Aroma: Cacao, malty, rye, leathery notes.
- Flavour: Woody, cacao, malty, fruity (baked apple), leathery notes.
- Mouthfeel: Well-rounded, smooth liquor with silky mouthfeel. Balance between very fine astringency and delicate acidity adds liveliness to the liquor.
- Measure 3g of tea per 200ml water. Boil water to 95℃. Steep for 3-5 minutes.
Reference: Op. 408
Tips for Tea Connoisseurs
Golden Monkey, also known as "Bai Lin Gong Fu Tea", is a legendary black tea from Fujian Province, China. According to a myth, this tea was named as Golden Monkey because the tea leaves were picked by specially trained monkeys to reach the tea bushes in the lofty and misty peaks that were not accessible to humans.
Our Golden Monkey black tea is made from the early spring harvest of Fuding White Pekoe cultivar tea trees grown in Fuding, Fujian Province. One tender leaf and a new bud have been meticulously hand-picked and the subsequent sun-withering, rolling and full oxidation process have turned the downy buds into magnificent golden fury tips.
When brewed, Golden Monkey offers a very smooth yet brisk liquor that harmoniously infuses woody, cacao, fruity and leathery notes. The complex, full-flavoured liquor also shows great balance between sweetness, delicate acidity and astringency.
An elegant black tea that reflects the sublime Fujian tea culture.
Black tea is known to be just as beneficial as green tea for our health and well-being. A recent study indicates several health benefits of black tea by demonstrating that flavonoids found in black tea boost the immune system to prevent flu and other viral infection and encourage the growth of healthy microorganism in the liver to boost energy metabolism and weight loss.
If you like this product you may also like Sun Moon Lake Red Jade, Wild Arbor Dian Hong, Yunnan Golden Black Gianduja and Black Dragon Pearl.