Tea Type: Black Tea
Tea Region: Fengqing, Yunnan Province, China
- Appearance: Clear, red-brown coloured infusion with a golden hue.
- Aroma: Cocoa, wicker, waxed wood, gamy (leather), earthy (mushroom) notes.
- Flavour: Cocoa, dark chocolate, mocha flavours on the front, with a slight hint of leathery and earthy notes at the back.
- Mouthfeel: Well-rounded, smooth, velvety liquor with lingering malty finish. Fine astringency.
- Measure 1g of tea per 100ml water. Boil water to 90℃. Steep for 4-5 minutes.
Reference: Op. 402
Tips for Tea Connoisseurs
Black Dragon Pearl is a black tea from Fengqing, Yunnan Province, China, which is the hometown of high quality Yunnan Black Tea, "Dian Hong". Misty mountains and winding rivers in the region provide an ideal habitat for tea bushes and ancient wild tea tress are still growing in the region, some dating back more than a millennium.
Our Black Dragon Pearl black tea is made from carefully hand-picked, tender, spring-harvested leaves and buds. Artfully hand-rolled into a beautiful pearl shape, the tea offers a full-bodied, luscious liquor. While brewing, the tightly rolled pearls start to unfurl elegantly, releasing decadent, cacao and chocolaty aromas. The liquor is very smooth and mellow with pronounced flavours of dark chocolate and mocha, with a lingering malty finish.
An indulgent, luscious black tea that pleases the eyes as much as the palate.
Black tea is known to be just as beneficial as green tea for our health and well-being. A recent study indicates several health benefits of black tea by demonstrating that flavonoids found in black tea boost the immune system to prevent flu and other viral infection and encourage the growth of healthy microorganism in the liver to boost energy metabolism and weight loss.
If you like this product you may also like Black Forest, Balhyocha, Yunnan Black Needle and Tteokcha.