Tea Type: Oolong Tea
Tea Region: Lugu, Taiwan
- Appearance: Clear, mahogany coloured liquor.
- Aroma: Complex orchestra of aromas - firewood, peated whiskey, prune and raisins, burnt sugar with lingering floral, caramel sweetness.
- Flavour: Firewood, peated whiskey, burnt sugar, prune, raisin, honey, caramel.
- Mouthfeel: Very smooth and rounded mouthfeel and velvety texture. Sustained sweet finish.
- Measure 1g of tea per 100ml water. Boil water to 95℃. Steep for 4-5 minutes.
Awards: 1 star at Great Taste Awards 2023
Tips for Tea Connoisseurs
Gymnopédie No.1 is a name we gave to this tea masterpiece, as we thought this wonderfully complex tea deserves the name of the masterpiece artwork by the French music composer, Erik Satie (1866-1925).
Made from a highly sought-after, fragrant, Qing Xin cultivar grown in Lugu township, a major tea growing region in central Taiwan, home to many celebrated oolong teas, this oolong tea has been carefully hand-picked and went through delicate, meticulous, slow oxidation process. As a final touch, tea leaves have been carefully roasted over a month with charcoal of longan wood. FYI, longan is a variety of lychee fruits grown in Asia.
The result is an incredibly complex, exceptional oolong tea that offers the flavour of firewood, peated whiskey, raisin, prune, caramel and floral notes. The natural sweetness in the finish lingers long in the palate. It is a truly unique and luscious specialty oolong tea that will be much appreciated by dark roasted oolong tea enthusiasts, specialty coffee lovers and peated whiskey aficionados. Especially, lovers of "Lao Cha" (rare Taiwanese antique oolong, meaning aged tea) will absolutely love this tea.
As with all the teas, oolong tea also offers us health benefits to increase our sense of well-being. Several studies indicate that oolong tea is a rich source of antioxidant polyphenols and it may well be just as beneficial as green tea to promote weight loss and cardiovascular health by reducing high blood pressure and cholesterol.
If you like this product you may also like Nighthawks, 20 Years Aged Antique Oolong, Black Forest and Heavy Roasted Dong Ding.