Tea Type: Matcha Green Tea
Tea Region: Uji, Kyoto, Japan
- Appearance: Vivid, bright green, cloudy, foamy liquor.
- Aroma: Delicate herbaceous note (watercress) harmoniously accompanied by sweet, nutty aroma.
- Flavour: Walnut, almond, umami flavours with a herbaceous watercress note.
- Mouthfeel: Rich, full-bodied, creamy liquor with smooth and refreshing mouthfeel. A touch of mild bitterness reminding of walnut skin leads to a sustained nutty finish.
- Sift the Matcha to remove any lumps and enhance its mellow flavour.
- Place 2 Chashaku or 1 teaspoon of Matcha (approx. 2g) into the Chawan bowl.
- Pour 70ml of hot water (80℃) and whisk the Matcha with a bamboo Chasen until it becomes creamy and foamy.
Reference: Op. 303
Tips for Tea Connoisseurs
Matcha is a finely grounded powdered green tea, made from tea leaves shade-grown for 3-4 weeks before the harvest. Due to its limited exposure to the sunshine, tea plants undergo a chain of physiological changes in order to survive, which, in turn, results in the changes of the chemical composition of the tea leaves. Produced this way, Matcha tea is extremely rich in antioxidants and L-theanine.
Our House Matcha, Matcha Delight comes from an award-winning, historical tea garden in Uji, Japan, where many celebrated Japanese tea gardens are located and reputed to produce best Matcha and green tea throughout the whole of the Japanese archipelago.
As daily drinkers of Matcha ourselves, we are delighted to introduce Matcha Delight in our Matcha range, as Matcha Delight is an amazing value for money that can be enjoyed on a daily basis without much burden on your wallet. It is smooth, creamy and mellow with rich, nutty, umami flavours evocative of walnuts and almonds. There is also a presence of mild bitterness and herbaceous notes in the finish, which leave a refreshing mouthfeel on the palate.
Being highly versatile, our Matcha Delight can be consumed on its own in a traditional way or can be consumed as Matcha Latte with your preferred choice of milk. We personally love Matcha Delight with foamy, creamy almond milk - the original, nutty sweetness of Matcha Delight beautifully interacts with almond milk and tastes super yummy and healthy. If you often drink Matcha Latte, you will notice that you won't have to add much sugar to make a delicious Matcha Latte with our Matcha Delight, as Matcha Delight is hardly bitter on its own.
Enhance your vitality with our Matcha Delight. Our Matcha Delight can be your perfect daily companion to boost the immune system and increase the sense of well-being.
A smooth and mellow Matcha that will be much appreciated by daily Matcha drinkers.
Known as a superfood rich in antioxidants and amino acids, Matcha has become a popular cooking ingredient for creative chefs and pâtissiers. Be creative to add our Matcha Delight to your food recipes and share with us on social media.
FIND PERFECT MATCHA BOWLS >>.
SHOP MATCHA WHISK >>.
BUY MATCHA SPOON >>.