Tea Region: Uji, Kyoto, Japan
- Appearance: Slightly cloudy, pale green coloured infusion.
- Aroma: Creamy, cooked vegetal & grassy notes accompanied by sea breeze.
- Flavour: Sweet, umami, grassy, steamed vegetable (spinach, zucchini) notes with a hint of marine.
- Mouthfeel: Smooth, light-bodied liquor with a silky mouthfeel and refreshing finish.
- Measure 3g of tea per 150ml water. Boil water to 70℃. Steep for 1 1/2 - 2 minutes.
Awards: 3 star at Great Taste Awards 2020
Reference: Op. 217
Tips for Tea Connoisseurs
Sencha Asamushi is a lightly steamed Sencha, highly praised by Japanese green tea connoisseurs for its elegant and refreshing aromas and flavours. Originating from an award-winning, family-run tea garden in Uji, which has been established during the Tensho era, this gracious Sencha Asamushi is one of the best examples of Sencha we've come across.
Made from carefully grown tea leaves of Yabukita cultivar grown on the picturesque hills of Uji, which then have been masterfully crafted into a beautiful, dark green needle shape by our great 16th generation tea master, our Sencha Asamushi offers a refreshing, silky infusion with slightly umami and cooked vegetable notes (zucchini and spinach). From the second and third brew, there is more presence of grassy note in the liquor which enhances the refreshing mouthfeel.
As with all green tea, Sencha Asamushi is rich in antioxidants and known for its potential health benefits such as promoting heart health, cancer prevention, boosting the immune system and lowering down blood pressure.
A supreme example of masterfully crafted Sencha Asamushi that will not only enhance your vitality and energy, but will also lift your sprit any time of the day.
If you like this product you may also like Sencha Fukamushi, Matcha Bliss, Sejak Tendresse and Gyokuro Reverie Tea.