Tea Region: Shizuoka, Japan
Tea Cultivar: Yabukita
- Appearance: Slightly cloudy, pale green coloured infusion.
- Aroma: Creamy, cooked vegetal & grassy notes accompanied by sea breeze.
- Flavour: Sweet, floral, grassy, steamed vegetable (spinach, zucchini) notes with a hint of marine.
- Mouthfeel: Smooth, light-bodied liquor with a silky mouthfeel and refreshing finish.
- Measure 1g of tea per 100ml water. Boil water to 70℃. Steep for 2-3 minutes.
Reference: Op. 211
All You Need to Know about Sencha Bio (JAS-ORGANIC)
Our Sencha Bio (JAS-ORGANIC) comes from a JAS-certified organic tea garden that uses sustainable, environmental-friendly, solar energy for tea production in Shizuoka, Japan. For those who haven't been to Japan, Shizuoka is Japanese green tea capital where many celebrated Japanese tea gardens are located with a scenic view of the famous Mountain Fuji.
Sencha Bio is a medium steamed, Chumushi-style, Sencha. Made from carefully grown tea leaves of Yabukita cultivar, which then have been masterfully crafted into a beautiful, dark green needle shape, our Sencha Bio offers a refreshing, silky infusion with floral, slightly umami and cooked vegetable notes (zucchini and spinach). From the second and third brew, there is more presence of grassy note in the liquor which enhances the refreshing mouthfeel.
As with all green tea, Sencha Bio is rich in antioxidants and known for its potential health benefits such as promoting heart health, cancer prevention, boosting the immune system and lowering down blood pressure.
A supreme example of sustainably grown, organic Sencha that will not only enhance your vitality and energy, but will also lift your sprit any time of the day.
If you like this product you may also like Sencha Asamushi, Matcha Bliss, Sejak Tendresse.