Tea Region: Kagoshima, Japan
- Appearance: Slightly cloudy, pale green coloured infusion.
- Aroma: Creamy, cooked vegetal & grassy notes accompanied by sea breeze.
- Flavour: Sweet, umami, grassy, steamed vegetable (spinach, zucchini) notes with a hint of marine.
- Mouthfeel: Smooth, light-bodied liquor with a silky mouthfeel and refreshing finish.
- Measure 1g of tea per 100ml water. Boil water to 65℃. Steep for 2-3 minutes.
Tips for Tea Connoisseurs
Sencha Kirai is made from carefully grown tea leaves of a rare and highly aromatic, Kirai 31 cultivar, known for its elegant and refreshing aromas and flavours. Kirai 31 cultivar is a cross-breed of Sakimidori and Saemidori cultivar developed in the 90s. (FYI. Saemidori itself a cross-breed of Yabukita and Asatsuyu cultivar). Due to its resistance against frost, this cultivar was particularly recommended to farmers cultivating their teas at higher elevations.
When brewed, Sencha Kirai makes a beautiful jade green liquor and it boasts a beautiful balance and harmony between delicate, elegant, mild, umami flavour and refreshing floral, fruity notes.
As with all green tea, Sencha Kirai is rich in antioxidants and known for its potential health benefits such as promoting heart health, cancer prevention, boosting the immune system and lowering down blood pressure.
A fantastic example of masterfully crafted Sencha. Highly recommended for top quality asamushi sencha lovers. Our delicious Sencha Kirai will not only enhance your vitality and energy, but will also lift your sprit any time of the day.
If you like this product you may also like Matcha Bliss, Sejak Tendresse.