Tea Region: Kagoshima, Japan
- Appearance: Slightly cloudy, fluorescent emerald green coloured infusion.
- Aroma: Creamy, cooked vegetal & grassy notes accompanied by sea breeze.
- Flavour: Sweet, toasty chestnut, steamed vegetable (spinach, zucchini) notes with a hint of refreshing mint in the finish.
- Mouthfeel: Full-bodied liquor with a velvety mouthfeel and refreshing finish.
- Measure 1g of tea per 100ml water. Boil water to 65℃. Steep for 2-3 minutes.
Reference: Op. 242
Tips for Tea Connoisseurs
Sencha Tsuyuhikari is made from carefully grown tea leaves of a rare and prestigious Tsuyuhikari cultivar, highly searched and praised by Japanese green tea connoisseurs for its elegant and refreshing aromas and flavours.
Tsuyuhikari (つゆひかり) meaning "dew light" in Japanese, it is a unique, cross-breed cultivar between Asatsuyu (あさつゆ) and Shizu 7132, which was developed in 1970 in Shizuoka Prefecture. As a cross-breed of the two promising cultivars, Tsuyuhikari demonstrates the robust umami and rich flavour of Asatsuyu on one hand, and refreshing floral note of Shizu 7132 on the other hand.
When brewed, Tsuyuhikari makes a beautiful fluorescent emerald green liquor and it boasts a beautiful balance and harmony between rich, pronounced umami flavour (unique green bean flavour of Asatusyu) and refreshing floral, sakura cherry blossoms and minty note that it gets from Shizu 7132.
As with all green tea, Sencha Tsuyuhikari is rich in antioxidants and known for its potential health benefits such as promoting heart health, cancer prevention, boosting the immune system and lowering down blood pressure.
A delicious, gourmet, full-bodied Sencha with refreshing mouthfeel. Sencha Tsuyuhikari will not only enhance your vitality and energy, but will also lift your sprit any time of the day.
If you like this product you may also like Matcha Bliss, Sejak Tendresse.