Tea Type: White Tea
Tea Region: Fuding, Fujian Province, China
- Appearance: Translucent, pale golden liquor.
- Aroma: Honeydew melon, honey, tomato stem on the fore, dried hay, waxed wood and wicker notes at the back.
- Flavour: Peach, honeydew melon and honey flavour with a subtle hint of vegetal (tomato stem) and woody (hay, wicker, waxed wood) notes.
- Mouthfeel: Balanced, refreshing liquor with powdery sweetness in the finish.
- Measure 1g of tea per 100ml water. Boil water to 80℃. Steep for 3-5 minutes.
Reference: Op. 604
Tips for Tea Connoisseurs
Fuding Silver Needle (aka. Bai Hao Yin Zhen) is a delicate, Chinese white tea, made from a downy silver buds, harvested in spring. White tea is the least processed tea among the six different kinds of tea, as no firing, steaming or rolling is involved in the production. Instead, the freshly harvested tender buds are withered in the sun to allow the natural, mild oxidation to take place. The result is a very smooth, light-bodied, gentle liquor with delicate, woody, fruity and vegetal flavours.
In order to make Fuding Silver Needle, the freshly hand-picked buds should be thinly spread under the withering curtain in cool and and exposed in the sun. When the withering progresses and moisture content in the buds reaches 10-20%, the buds should be spread over the baking cage and baked with a gentle fire (40-50℃) until they're fully dry.
Once brewed, our Fuding Silver Needle (Bio) white tea comes from a EU/USDA certified organic tea garden in Fuding, Fujian Province. It offers a highly elegant infusion, which gracefully infuses delicate and gentle, fruity, floral and vegetal notes with subtly woody, hay aroma. A distinctive peach, honey sweetness in the finish leads to a very refreshing yet soothing mouthfeel.
Recently, white tea has become increasingly popular, due to some studies linking its antioxidant properties to potential health benefits such as anti-ageing and promoting skin health.