Tea Type: Black Tea
Tea Region: Wuyi Mountain, Fujian Province, China
- Appearance: Clear, orange brown coloured infusion with a golden hue.
- Aroma: Woody, cocoa, honey, floral, earthy, leathery note.
- Flavour: Woody, cocoa, dark chocolate notes with a distinctive flavour of marron glacé.
- Mouthfeel: Well-rounded, smooth liquor with velvety mouthfeel. Lingering sweet finish. A delicate acidity adds liveliness to the liquor.
- Measure 3g of tea per 200ml water. Boil water to 95℃. Steep for 3-5 minutes.
Reference: Op. 417
Tips for Tea Connoisseurs
Zheng Shan Xiao Zhong, literally meaning "authentic mountain small tea plant" in Mandarin Chinese, is a unique black tea from Wuyi mountain, Fujian Province, China, the hometown of legendary Wuyi Rock Oolong Teas. In the West, people are more familiar with the heavily smoked version of this tea, Lapsang Souchong, as Zheng Shan Xiao Zhong has been reserved for the domestic Chinese tea market in the past, in contrast to tarry Lapsang Souchong which has been made for the export to the West.
Our Zheng Shan Xiao Zhong black tea is made from the tender spring harvest of tea bushes grown in a preserved, natural zone in Wuyi Mountain. As this Zheng Shan Xiao Zhong hasn't been smoked, the aromas and flavours are very different from its assertively smoked counterpart. The luscious liquor is smooth and elegant, with rich flavours ranging from woody, chocolaty and nutty notes, with a distinctive flavour of marron glacé. The sweet finish lingers long in the palate.
A sophisticated black tea that will be much appreciated by black tea connoisseurs.
Black tea is known to be just as beneficial as green tea for our health and well-being. A recent study indicates several health benefits of black tea by demonstrating that flavonoids found in black tea boost the immune system to prevent flu and other viral infection and encourage the growth of healthy microorganism in the liver to boost energy metabolism and weight loss.
If you like this product you may also like Black Forest, 20 Years Aged Antique Oolong, Balhyocha and Golden Water Turtle.