Tea Type: Oolong Tea
Tea Region: Nangang, Taiwan
- Appearance: Translucent, pale yellow coloured infusion.
- Aroma: Fresh floral (gardenia), steamed vegetable (petit pois) notes on a delicate buttery, milky background.
- Flavour: Fresh floral (rose, gardenia), buttered collard greens notes with a crisp, refreshing finish (bell pepper). A great balance between acidity, sweetness and delicate bitterness.
- Medium-bodied, lively liquor with a slightly unctuous mouthfeel. A presence of very mild astringency in the finish.
- Measure 3g of tea per 200ml water. Boil water to 85℃. Steep for 3-4 minutes.
Reference: Op. 105
Tips for Tea Connoisseurs
Baozhong is one of the signature oolong teas from Taiwan. Our Baozhong oolong tea comes from an MOA certified biological tea garden in Nangang, a village situated in the northern Taiwan. Nangang is Baozhong oolong tea's original Taiwanese capital in the 19th century when Baozhong teas were scented with jasmine blossoms by then and exported to the Chinese market. The unscented, naturally floral Baozhong oolong tea that we are familiar with nowadays is a rather recent development during the Japanese occupation (1895-1945).
Our Baozhong has been crafted by Tea Master, Mr. Yu who has won several awards for his Baozhong oolong teas. Moreover, his biological tea garden has been certified by MOA and produces award-winning Baozhong oolong teas as well as fragrant honey aroma black tea.
Due to the minimal oxidation level, Baozhong offers refreshing, vegetal notes of green tea as well as sweet, creamy floral notes that you can get from lightly oxidised oolong tea. The liquor feels so gentle and pure, while the balance between its acidity, sweetness and astringency renders a great structure to the liquor, reminding us of the Chinese idiom "外柔內剛 " meaning "an iron hand in a velvet glove". A perfect tea to boost your spirit anytime of the day. If you have enjoyed our Taiwanese Bi Luo Chun from Sanxia, Taiwan, you may well appreciate this elegant and gracious Baozhong oolong tea from Northern Taiwan.
Naturally grown without pesticide and chemical fertiliser. Certified MOA Organic.
As with all the teas, oolong tea also offers us health benefits to increase our sense of well-being. Several studies indicate that oolong tea is a rich source of antioxidant polyphenols and it may well be just as beneficial as green tea to promote weight loss and cardiovascular health by reducing high blood pressure and cholesterol.