Tea Type: Green Tea
Tea Region: Uji, Kyoto, Japan
- Appearance: Slightly cloudy, pale greenish-yellow coloured infusion
- Aroma: Rich crustacean notes accompanied with cooked vegetal (spinach), herbaceous notes
- Flavour: Marine notes (iodine, seaweed), buttery and umami flavours, accompanied with aromatic herbaceous notes
- Mouthfeel: Smooth, well-rounded, full-bodied liquor. Velvety mouthfeel and fresh, minty finish that leads to a cooling sensation on the palate. A hint of delicate bitterness and astringency adds more structure of the body.
- Measure 1g of tea per 100ml water. Boil water to 75℃. Steep for 2-3 minutes.
Reference: Op. 205
Tips for Tea Connoisseurs
Gyokuro Kukicha comes from Uji, Kyoto in Japan, where many celebrated and award-winning Japanese tea gardens are located and reputed to produce the best green teas throughout the whole Japanese archipelago.
Usually, Kukicha is made from the stems and veins of Sencha. However, in Uji, Kyoto, Kukicha is also made from the stems of precious Gyokuro green tea and is called "Karigane". Our Gyokuro Kukicha Green Tea is made from the stems of the only highest quality Gyokuro green tea leaves, which have been shaded in a traditional method for 30 days before harvest. As the stems only account for approximately 5 to 10% of the harvested Gyokuro tea leaves, there is a tiny amount of production of Gyokuro Karigane each year in Uji and top quality Gyokuro Karigane is very rare and highly appreciated by Gyokuro connoisseurs in Japan.
Grown in the same way as the highest quality Gyokuro green tea, our Gyokuro Kukicha Green Tea is very rich in L-theanine, the critical amino acid in developing its mellow, sweetness and deep, umami flavours. If you're a regular drinker of Gyokuro green tea, you'll notice that stems add a unique, delicate sweetness and aromatic vegetal notes to the infusion. As it is an excellent value for money, our Gyokuro Kukicha green tea could be your perfect daily companion to boost your energy and strengthen your immune system!
Our Gyokuro Kukicha also offers a wonderfully, refreshing and aromatic infusion, when cold brewed. Place 12g of Gyokuro Kukicha green tea leaves in a 1L jug and fill the jug with cold, fresh, filtered water. Keep it in a refrigerator for overnight. Using a tea strainer, pour the infusion in your handy bottle.Try this cold brewed Gyokuro Kukicha after your gym session, you'll feel so refreshed and rejuvenated afterwards!
If you like this product you may also like Gyokuro Réverie, Sencha Fukamushi, Matcha Bliss and Hojicha.