Tea Type: Oolong Tea
Tea Region: Nantou County, Taiwan
- Appearance: Translucent, yellow-green coloured liquor.
- Aroma: Sweet, floral, almond milk notes.
- Flavour: Floral (gardenia, orchid), vanilla, light buttery and milky flavours.
- Mouthfeel: Smooth, well-rounded, medium-bodied liquor with lingering floral finish. Delicate astringency adds more body to the liquor.
- Measure 3g of tea per 200ml water. Boil water to 90℃. Steep for 3-4 minutes.
Reference: Op. 113
Tips for Tea Connoisseurs
Jade Four Seasons Spring is a lightly oxidised oolong tea made from Si Ji Chun cultivar.
Si Ji Chun, literally translated into "Four Seasons Spring" in Chinese, is a natural hybrid between Qing Xin and Qing Xin Da Pan cultivar found in Northern Taiwan. It has been named because this cultivar yields four flushes a year that have the flavour and quality of the spring flush. Si Ji Chun cultivar has been brought into production in the 1980s and has now become one of the four main tea cultivars grown in Taiwan (i.e. Qing Xin, Qing Xin Da Pan, Si Ji Chun, Jin Xuan cultivar). It is well known for its sweet, delicate, floral aromas.
Our Jade Four Seasons Spring oolong tea originates from Nantou County, a major tea growing region in Taiwan, home to many celebrated oolong teas and black teas.
Carefully processed into a light, fragrant, jade oolong tea, our Jade Four Seasons Spring oolong tea offers a very aromatic, sweet liquor with a distinctive gardenia and orchid note, which beautifully combines with its delicate buttery and almond milky flavour.
A perfect choice as a fragrant, easy-drinking, daily oolong tea.
As with all the teas, oolong tea also offers us health benefits to increase our sense of well-being. Several studies indicate that oolong tea is a rich source of antioxidant polyphenols and it may well be just as beneficial as green tea to promote weight loss and cardiovascular health by reducing high blood pressure and cholesterol.