Tea Type: Black Tea
- Appearance: Dark, mahogany coloured infusion.
- Aroma: Woody, malty, cinnamon, spicy.
- Flavours: Malty, woody, sweet cinnamon, spicy flavour.
- Mouthfeel: Full-bodied, hearty liquor with lingering sweet, spicy notes.
- Measure 1g of tea per 100ml water. Boil water to 95℃. Steep for 5 minutes.
Reference: Op. 420
Tips for Tea Connoisseurs
Masala Chai is our original blend of malty and woody Assam tea leaves with plenty of gourmet spices. When infused, our Masala Chai offers a full-bodied, hearty, malty, sweet and spicy liquor, which will blend beautifully with your favourite choice of milk. Sweet cinnamon is in perfect harmony with naturally malty and woody assam leaves while ginger and black peppercorn enhances the spicy finish of this delicious blend. A touch of fennel seed and cardamom notes brings authentic flavour of Indian Chai to this Masala Chai blend.
Black tea is known to be just as beneficial as green tea for our health and well-being. A recent study indicates several health benefits of black tea by demonstrating that flavonoids found in black tea boost the immune system to prevent flu and other viral infection and encourage the growth of healthy microorganism in the liver to boost energy metabolism and weight loss.
If you like this product you may also like English Breakfast, Earl Grey Blend Tea, Lapsang Earl Grey Royal and Hojicha Powder.