Tea Type: Green Tea
Tea Region: Uji, Kyoto, Japan
- Appearance: Slightly cloudy, pale green coloured infusion
- Aroma: Intense roasted aromas (grilled sesame, baked bread) with mild marine and herbaceous aroma.
- Flavour: Sweet, buttery, roasted, nutty flavours (sesame) accompanied with delicate marine (grilled seaweed) and steamed vegetal notes (zucchini, spinach).
- Mouthfeel: Smooth, well-rounded, mellow liquor with silky mouthfeel. Refreshing herbaceous finish with a hint of delicate bitterness.
- Measure 1g of tea per 100ml water. Boil water to 80℃. Steep for 2-3 minutes.
Reference: Op. 208
Tips for Tea Connoisseurs
Matcha is a highly appreciated Japanese powdered green tea. Our Matcha-Genmaicha Duo green tea is a harmonious blend of premium high quality Matcha with Genmaicha, a unique Japanese green tea blended with roasted brown rice kernels. The result is a very smooth, well-rounded, vivid, emerald, green coloured infusion that beautifully mingles buttery, nutty and herbaceous flavours of Matcha with toasty flavours of Genmaicha. It is a remarkably balanced green tea which offers a rich, mellow, full-flavoured yet refreshing cup!
Our Matcha-Genmaicha Duo green tea comes from an award-winning, historical tea garden in Uji in Japan. Uji is the revered birthplace of Japanese green tea, which is well-known for its ideal terroir for tea cultivation and reputed to produce the best quality Matcha and other green teas throughout the Japanese archipelago.
As with all green tea, our Matcha-Genmaicha Duo is rich in antioxidants and known for its potential health benefits such as promoting heart health, cancer prevention, boosting the immune system and lowering down blood pressure.
With its rich flavour and refreshing mouthfeel, our Matcha-Genmaicha Duo makes a perfect breakfast green tea that will boost your daily vitality. It may well be appreciated as an ideal alternative for those who are new to Matcha and find the flavours of Matcha too intense and concentrated.