Tea Type: Matcha Green Tea Tea Region:
Uji, Kyoto, Japan Tasting Notes
- Appearance: Intense, vivid, bright green, cloudy, foamy liquor.
- Aroma: Delicately sweet, baked pastry and vanilla, nutty aroma with a hint of almond.
- Flavour: Intensely creamy, buttery, avocado, cresson flavour with lingering almond milk note in the finish. Its distinctive umami, intense vegetal and creamy nutty flavour persistently stays on the palate.
- Mouthfeel: Intense, full-bodied, creamy liquor and mouthfeel. Absolute lack of bitterness, umami and nutty sweetness is persistent in the finish.
- Sift the Matcha to remove any lumps and enhance its mellow flavour.
- Plack 2 Chashaku or 1 teaspoon of Matcha (approx. 2g) into the Chawan bowl.
- Pour 60ml of hot water (80℃) and whisk the Matcha with a bamboo Chasen until it becomes creamy and foamy.
- NB. This guidance is for the preparion of Usucha (thin and mild Matcha). To prepare Koicha (thick and strong Matcha), follow the same steps, but double the amount of Matcha with 30-40ml of hot water (80℃). Unlike Ushucha, Koicha will not become foamy while whisking.
Tips for Tea Connoisseurs
Matcha Lohengrin is a top of the top of the top, Koicha grade, single-cultivar, ceremonial matcha from Uji, Japan, made from only carefully hand-picked tea leaves of the rare and prestigious Narino cultivar growing in Uji, Japan. Uji is a highly sought-after place, among Japanese green tea and matcha lovers, as many celebrated Japanese tea gardens are located and reputed to produce the best Matcha throughout the whole of the Japanese archipelago.
If you're already a fan of our other single-cultivar matcha such as Matcha Eroica, Matcha Okunoyama, Matcha Salut d'amour, you would know how a single-cultivar matcha made from one great cultivar with amazing potential could turn out. In comparison to Matcha Eroica, our another top koicha matcha made from 100% Narino cultivar, Matcha Lohengrin is only made from highly selected, the very best quality leaves of Narino cultivar, which have been also shaded longer period than Narino cultivar used to make Matcha Eroica. This makes Matcha Lohengrin one of a kind and an extremely rare, ultra-luxury matcha.
So what does this longer-period of shading do to Matcha Lohengrin? It turns this matcha into an explosion of umami bomb with intense avocado, cresson-like vegetal flavours with persistent nutty, milky finish. If you're already a fan of our other top Koicha matcha such as Matcha Eroica, Matcha Claire de La Lune and Matcha Okunoyama, you will taste another level of heightened umaminess and incredibly mellow, creamy texture in this matcha. The quintessential example of the very best competition grade Koicha ceremonial matcha you will ever find in Japan.
For classical music lovers, we recommend pairing the overture of Lohengrin, Wagner's romantic drama, with this outstanding, exceptional quality matcha. While sipping this mind-blowing, koicha ceremonial matcha that shows the full potential of this incredible single cultivar, we could well imagine how the pure, gentle, absolute love could taste with the solid faith at the core.
For Matcha connoisseurs, we highly recommend trying to experience the difference of our top ceremonial grade single-estate, single-cultivar Matcha as well - Matcha Lohengrin, Matcha Eroica, Matcha Okunoyama, and Matcha Salut d'amour.
What is Matcha?
Matcha is a finely grounded powdered green tea, made from tea leaves shade-grown for 3-6 weeks before the harvest. Due to its limited exposure to the sunshine, tea plants undergo a chain of physiological changes in order to survive, which, in turn, results in the changes of the chemical composition of the tea leaves. Produced this way, Matcha tea is extremely rich in antioxidants and L-theanine.
Health Benefits of Matcha
Matcha is one of the superfoods known to be highly rich in antioxidants and amino acids. Explore our range of top ceremonial grade Matcha to find your favourite daily matcha and enhance your daily vitality. Our Matcha will be your perfect daily companion to boost your immune system and sense of well-being.
MATCHA BOWLS COLLECTION >>.
MATCHA WHISK >>.
MATCHA SPOON >>.