Tea Type: Matcha Green Tea
Tea Region: Uji, Kyoto, Japan
- Appearance: Intense, vivid, bright green, cloudy, foamy liquor.
- Aroma: Delicately sweet, baked pastry and vanilla, nutty aroma with a hint of almond.
- Flavour: Sweet, creamy, buttery, avocado and cresson flavour with lingering almond milk note in the finish. Its distinctive umami and buttered steamed green note persistently stays on the palate.
- Mouthfeel: Intense, full-bodied, creamy liquor and mouthfeel. Absolute lack of bitterness, umami sweetness is persistent in the finish.
- Sift the Matcha to remove any lumps and enhance its mellow flavour.
- Plack 2 Chashaku or 1 teaspoon of Matcha (approx. 2g) into the Chawan bowl.
- Pour 60ml of hot water (80℃) and whisk the Matcha with a bamboo Chasen until it becomes creamy and foamy.
- NB. This guidance is for the preparion of Usucha (thin and mild Matcha). To prepare Koicha (thick and strong Matcha), follow the same steps, but double the amount of Matcha with 30-40ml of hot water (80℃). Unlike Ushucha, Koicha will not become foamy while whisking.
Tips for Tea Connoisseurs
Matcha Manhattan (1979) Hommage to Tracy is a top of the top Koicha grade ceremonial matcha from Uji, Japan. It is also one of our founder, Sujin's favourite matcha and voila, she even named it after her favourite Woody Allen's film, Manhattan (1979)!
Our Matcha Manhattan (1979) Hommage to Tracy is a blended matcha, made from only carefully hand-picked tea leaves of the prestigious Asahi cultivar and extremely rare Narino and Okunoyama cultivar growing in Uji, Japan. Uji is a highly sought-after place among Japanese green tea and matcha lovers, as many celebrated Japanese tea gardens are located and reputed to produce the best Matcha throughout the whole of the Japanese archipelago.
The harmonious composition of these promising, exceptional matcha cultivars makes a mind-blowing, stunning matcha with the explosion of umami flavour and long-lasting, persistent, creamy texture. A quintessential example of the very best competition grade Koicha ceremonial matcha you can find in Japan.
Just like a well-aged and harmonious Bordeaux red blend, the quality of this prestigious matcha blend made from the top elite cultivars is mind-blowing. In terms of aroma and flavour, Matcha Manhattan (1979) Hommage to Tracy impresses us with the explosion of umami note that completely fills our mouth. If you're already a fan of our other top Koicha matcha such as Matcha Eroica, Matcha Claire de La Lune and Matcha Okunoyama, you will taste another level of umaminess and incredibly mellow, creamy, buttery flavour in this matcha.
As the film Manhattan (1979) leaves the viewer many thoughts with Tracy's last line, "You have to have a little faith in people.", this is a matcha that will leave you long, lingering finish that reminds us of the solid foundation of great ceremonial matcha. An absolute must try for real matcha lovers and tea connoisseurs.
For Matcha connoisseurs, we highly recommend trying to experience the difference of our top ceremonial grade single-estate, single-cultivar Matcha as well - Matcha Lohengrin, Matcha Eroica, Matcha Okunoyama, and Matcha Salut d'amour.
What is Matcha?
Matcha is a finely grounded powdered green tea, made from tea leaves shade-grown for 3-6 weeks before the harvest. Due to its limited exposure to the sunshine, tea plants undergo a chain of physiological changes in order to survive, which, in turn, results in the changes of the chemical composition of the tea leaves. Produced this way, Matcha tea is extremely rich in antioxidants and L-theanine.
Health Benefits of Matcha
Matcha is one of the superfoods known to be highly rich in antioxidants and amino acids. Explore our range of top ceremonial grade Matcha to find your favourite daily matcha and enhance your daily vitality. Our Matcha will be your perfect daily companion to boost your immune system and sense of well-being.
MATCHA BOWLS COLLECTION >>.
MATCHA WHISK >>.
MATCHA SPOON >>.