Tea Type: Matcha Green Tea
Tea Region: Uji, Kyoto, Japan
- Appearance: Vivid, bright green, cloudy, foamy liquor.
- Aroma: Sweet, buttery, shortbread biscuit, baked pastry on a slightly grassy background.
- Flavour: Nutty (almond, walnut skin), buttered steamed green notes with a refreshing grassy, floral note in the finish.
- Mouthfeel: Full-bodied, powerful liquor with velvety mouthfeel. Lack of bitterness, lingering, umami sweetness in the finish.
- Sift the Matcha to remove any lumps and enhance its mellow flavour.
- Plack 2 Chashaku or 1 teaspoon of Matcha (approx. 2g) into the Chawan bowl.
- Pour 70ml of hot water (80℃) and whisk the Matcha with a bamboo Chasen until it becomes creamy and foamy.
Tips for Tea Connoisseurs
Matcha Okumidori comes from an award-winning, historical tea garden in Uji, Japan. Uji is the birthplace of Japanese green tea where many celebrated Japanese tea gardens produce the best Matcha throughout the whole of the Japanese archipelago.
Our Matcha Okumidori is a single-origin, single-estate, single-cultivar matcha made from carefully shade-grown, Okumidori tea cultivar. Okumidori cultivar is known to be highly fragrant and it is used to make Sencha, Gyokuro and matcha. We often find a distinctive floral note in green tea made from Okumidori cultivar.
On the nose of dry matcha, it offers a sweet, buttery, baked aroma with a slight grassy hint. Once prepared as Usucha (thin matcha), Matcha Okumidori offers a powerful, full-bodied, velvety infusion with biscuity, nutty (almond, macadamia), steamed buttered greens flavour. Among all our matcha, this is probably the most full-bodied matcha. We recommend this Matcha Okumidori to matcha lovers who enjoy powerful, full-bodied but yet creamy and mellow matcha.
Matcha is one of the superfoods, highly rich in antioxidants and amino acids that are known to boost our immune system and prevent cancers. Explore our range of top ceremonial grade Matcha to find your favourite daily matcha and enhance your daily vitality. This deliciously nutty and velvety matcha will be your perfect daily companion to maintain your sense of well-being in the modern, hectic life.
For Matcha connoisseurs, we highly recommend trying to experience the difference of our top ceremonial grade single-estate, single-cultivar Matcha - Matcha Eroica, Matcha Okunoyama, Matcha Asahi and Matcha Samidori.
What is Matcha?
Matcha is a finely grounded powdered green tea, made from tea leaves shade-grown for 3-6 weeks before the harvest. Due to its limited exposure to the sunshine, tea plants undergo a chain of physiological changes in order to survive, which, in turn, results in the changes of the chemical composition of the tea leaves. Produced this way, Matcha tea is extremely rich in antioxidants and L-theanine.
FIND PERFECT MATCHA BOWLS >>.
SHOP MATCHA WHISK >>.
BUY MATCHA SPOON >>.