Tea Type: Matcha Green Tea
Tea Region: Uji, Kyoto, Japan
- Appearance: Intense, vivid, bright green, cloudy, foamy liquor.
- Aroma: Delicately sweet, baked pastry and chocolate aroma with a hint of almond.
- Flavour: Sweet, buttery, vanilla, nutty flavour, evocative of madeleine and frangipane. Its distinctive umami and buttered steamed green note persistently stays on the palate.
- Mouthfeel: Mild and gentle liquor with silky mouthfeel. Absolute lack of bitterness, lingering, umami sweetness in the finish.
- Sift the Matcha to remove any lumps and enhance its mellow flavour.
- Plack 2 Chashaku or 1 teaspoon of Matcha (approx. 2g) into the Chawan bowl.
- Pour 60ml of hot water (80℃) and whisk the Matcha with a bamboo Chasen until it becomes creamy and foamy.
- NB. This guidance is for the preparion of Usucha (thin and mild Matcha). To prepare Koicha (thick and strong Matcha), follow the same steps, but double the amount of Matcha. Unlike Ushucha, Koicha will not become foamy while whisking.
Tips for Tea Connoisseurs
Matcha Claire de la Lune comes from an award-winning, historical tea garden in Uji, Japan. For those who haven't been to Japan, Uji is the birthplace of Japanese green tea where many celebrated Japanese tea gardens are located and reputed to produce the best Matcha throughout the whole of the Japanese archipelago.
Our Matcha Claire de la Lune is a top Koicha grade blende matcha, made from only carefully hand-picked tea leaves of the prestigious Asahi and Samidori cultivar, a classic example of the very best competition grade top Koicha grade ceremonial matcha you can find in Japan.
Just like a well-aged and harmonious Bordeaux red blend, the quality of this prestigious matcha blend made from the top elite cultivars is mind-blowing. In terms of aroma and flavour, Matcha Claire de la Lune tastes like a delicately sweet, buttery pastry, evocative of frangipane. It's so smooth, mellow and creamy and its nutty, umami flavour is persistently long on the palate.
A truly rare opportunity to try top, award-winning, Koicha grade, single-cultivar matcha from Uji, Japan.
For Matcha connoisseurs, we highly recommend trying to experience the difference of our top ceremonial grade single-estate, single-cultivar Matcha - Matcha Eroica, Matcha Okunoyama, Matcha Asahi and Matcha Salut d'amour.
What is Matcha?
Matcha is a finely grounded powdered green tea, made from tea leaves shade-grown for 3-6 weeks before the harvest. Due to its limited exposure to the sunshine, tea plants undergo a chain of physiological changes in order to survive, which, in turn, results in the changes of the chemical composition of the tea leaves. Produced this way, Matcha tea is extremely rich in antioxidants and L-theanine.
Health Benefits of Matcha
Matcha is one of the superfoods known to be highly rich in antioxidants and amino acids. Explore our range of top ceremonial grade Matcha to find your favourite daily matcha and enhance your daily vitality. Our Matcha will be your perfect daily companion to boost your immune system and sense of well-being.
MATCHA BOWLS COLLECTION >>.
MATCHA WHISK >>.
MATCHA SPOON >>.