Tea Type: Matcha Green Tea
Tea Region: Uji, Kyoto, Japan
- Appearance: Intense, vivid, bright green, cloudy, foamy liquor.
- Aroma: Delicately sweet and nutty with a hint of almond milk and marzipan.
- Flavour: Sweet, umami, avocado, almond milk notes with a creamy, nutty finish evocative of almond based desserts such as calisson and halva.
- Mouthfeel: Smooth, creamy liquor with lingering sweetness and nutty finish. Absence of bitterness.
- Sift the Matcha to remove any lumps and enhance its mellow flavour.
- Plack 2 Chashaku or 1 teaspoon of Matcha (approx. 2g) into the Chawan bowl.
- Pour 70ml of hot water (80℃) and whisk the Matcha with a bamboo Chasen until it becomes creamy and foamy.
- NB. This guidance is for the preparion of Usucha (thin and mild Matcha). To prepare Koicha (thick and strong Matcha), follow the same steps, but double the amount of Matcha. Unlike Ushucha, Koicha will not become foamy while whisking.
Reference: Op. 304
Tips for Tea Connoisseurs
Matcha is a finely grounded powdered green tea, made from tea leaves shade-grown for 3-4 weeks before the harvest. Due to its limited exposure to the sunshine, tea plants undergo a chain of physiological changes in order to survive, which, in turn, results in the changes of the chemical composition of the tea leaves. Produced this way, Matcha tea is extremely rich in antioxidants and L-theanine.
Matcha Eroica comes from an award-winning, historical tea garden in Uji, Japan, where many celebrated Japanese tea gardens are located and reputed to produce the best Matcha throughout the whole of the Japanese archipelago.
Made from carefully grown tea leaves of the unique Narino cultivar, an indigenous tea cultivar exclusively grown in Uji, Matcha Eroica has won the award from the Ministry of agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries in 2010. If you're used to top quality competition grade Matcha, you'll notice our Matcha Eroica is in a class of its own and it is indeed one of the highest grade Matcha available in the market.
Matcha Eroica offers an incredibly mellow, creamy liquor with rich, umami, nutty flavours, evocative of avocado and almond milk. There is absolutely no presence of bitterness at all in this sublime Matcha. In comparison to our other competition grade Matcha Grace, Matcha Eroica feels lighter but smoother and creamier, presenting a unique umami and mild nutty flavour. For Matcha connoisseurs, we highly recommend trying both to experience the difference of our two top ceremonial grade Matcha.
A phenomenal Matcha that will be highly appreciated by Matcha connoisseurs.
Matcha tea production is an incredibly labour-intensive work and in order to make 40g of fine Matcha tea powder, Tencha (i.e. the base material loose leaf green tea for Matcha) needs to be ground for an hour.
FIND PERFECT A MATCHA BOWL >>.
SHOP CHASEN >>.
BUY CHASHAKU >>.