Tea Type: Oolong Tea
Tea Region: Wuyi Mountain, Fujian Province, China
- Appearance: Transluscent, amber gold coloured liquor.
- Aroma: Intense floral (tuberose), caramel (butterscotch), ripe fruits (nectarine, quince) notes.
- Flavour: Floral (tuberose), fruity (peach, nectarine) and baked flavour (brioche, vanilla, butterscotch) notes combined with a hint of minerality in the finish.
- Mouthfeel: Well rounded, thick, luscious liquor with a unctuous mouthfeel. A great layers of depth and complexities.
- Measure 3g of tea per 200ml water. Boil water to 90℃. Steep for 3-4 minutes.
Reference: Op. 119
Tips for Tea Connoisseurs
Nine Dragon Robe (aka. "Jiu Long Pao" in Chinese) is a rare oolong tea from Wuyi Mountain, Fujian Province, China - the birthplace of legendary rock oolong teas such as Da Hong Pao (Big Red Robe) and Shui Jin Gui (Golden Water Turtle). Nine Dragon Robe probably has been named after "Nine Dragon Cave" (aka. "Jiu Long Ke" in Chinese) where the original ancient Da Hong Pao bushes are located.
Nine Dragon Robe Oolong Tea is made from a cross-breed between Qi Dan (i.e. a cultivar used to make Big Red Robe/Da Hong Pao) and a wild purple assamica varietal grown on Wuyi mountain. This special tea varietal produces green leaves with a distinctive purple hue, which then turns into a dark reddish-brown colour when the leaves are processed. Due to its unique purple-hued tea leaves and heritage from the legendary Da Hong Pao, Nine Dragon Robe Oolong Tea is also known as "Zi Hong Pao"(meaning "Purple Red Robe") and "Zi Long Pao"(meaning "Purple Dragon Robe").
When brewed, our Nine Dragon Robe oolong tea offers a delicious, luscious liquor that harmoniously mingles intense floral (tuberose), fruity (peach, nectarine) and baked flavours (caramel, brioche and vanilla) with a hint of minerality. The thick, persistent sweetness lingers long on the palate and the distinctive mineral note is reminiscent of the rocky soil of Wuyi mountain that nourishes Nine Dragon Robe tea bushes.
A magnificent Wuyi Rock Oolong tea that reflects the heritage and innovation of the supreme Fujian tea culture. Highly recommended to oolong tea connoisseurs.
As with all the teas, oolong tea also offers us health benefits to increase our sense of well-being. Several studies indicate that oolong tea is a rich source of antioxidant polyphenols and it may well be just as beneficial as green tea to promote weight loss and cardiovascular health by reducing high blood pressure and cholesterol.