Tea Type: Black Tea
Tea Region: Yunnan Province, China
- Appearance: Clear, mahogany, brown coloured infusion.
- Aroma: Truffle, honey, wicker, baked sweet potato.
- Flavour: Cacao, honey, wild flower, baked sweet potato and undergrowth notes.
- Mouthfeel: Full-bodied, smooth liquor with velvety mouthfeel. Well-balanced liquor with sustained flavours on the palate.
- Measure 3g of tea per 200ml water. Boil water to 95℃. Steep for 3-5 minutes.
Reference: Op. 415
Tips for Tea Connoisseurs
Yunnan Golden Buds is a sublime black tea from Yunnan, the southwestern province of China, known as the birthplace of tea. With its red, fertile soil and misty, humid climate, Yunnan Province provides an ideal terroir for tea cultivation. Some wild ancient tea trees in the region are even claimed to be more than 1000 years old.
Delicately hand-picked and artfully crafted, our exquisite Yunnan Golden Buds is solely made from downy buds that took on a gorgeous tawny colour after oxidation. Highly sought after by tea connoisseurs, this extraordinary black tea imparts wonderfully smooth yet complex liquor that harmoniously infuses cacao, honey, wild flower, baked sweet potato and earthy flavours.
Black tea is known to be just as beneficial as green tea for our health and well-being. A recent study indicates several health benefits of black tea by demonstrating that flavonoids found in black tea boost the immune system to prevent flu and other viral infection and encourage the growth of healthy microorganism in the liver to boost energy metabolism and weight loss.