Tea Type: Oolong Tea
Tea Region: Wuyi Mountain, Fujian Province, China
- Appearance: Clear, golden-amber coloured liquor.
- Aroma: Rich fruity (peach, nectarine, muscat) and floral (acacia, orange blossom) aromas on a vanilla, toasty background.
- Flavour: Flavours associated with roasting (toasty, vanilla, caramel, tobacco) mingles beautifully with ripe stone fruit (peach, nectarine) and floral notes (orange blossom).
- Mouthfeel: Complex, supple, liquor with a silky mouthfeel.
- Measure 3g of tea per 200ml water. Boil water to 90℃. Steep for 3-4 minutes.
Reference: Op. 109
Tips for Tea Connoisseurs
Golden Peony Oolong Tea, also known as "Jin Mu Dan" in Mandarin Chinese, is a new varietal of rock oolong tea from Wuyi mountain, Fujian Province, China, a UNESCO World Heritage Site known for its pristine natural beauty.
Using tender spring leaves of a cross-breed between Tie Guan Yin and Huang Jin Gui, our Golden Peony Oolong Tea has been crafted following the traditional Wuyi oolong tea processing method to create a wonderfully complex and aromatic infusion.
The liquor presents a perfect balance between fruity (peach, nectarine), fragrant floral notes and flavours associated roasting (toasty, vanilla, caramel, tobacco). The liquor is also very uplifting and lively, offering both warm and refreshing sensation to the palate.
We suggest Gong Fu brewing to fully appreciate the complexity and multifaceted nature of our Golden Peony Oolong Tea.
A sublime Wuyi Rock Oolong Tea that reflects the elevated Fujian tea culture. Highly recommended for connoisseurs of Wuyi Rock Oolong Tea.
As with all the teas, oolong tea also offers us health benefits to increase our sense of well-being. Several studies indicate that oolong tea is a rich source of antioxidant polyphenols and it may well be just as beneficial as green tea to promote weight loss and cardiovascular health by reducing high blood pressure and cholesterol.